1. Listening to music
2. going in the bedroom or to a quiet area to relax a few minutes
3. Counting to ten.
4. Designing some positive statements to say to themselves when they start to become aggitated such as " that is no problem!"
5. Using some kind of object to hold such as a sensory ball to distract from the aggitation.
6. Getting a drink of cool water or tea to relax.
7. Saying calm reasuring things to the other person in the room or complimenting them.
8. reading a magazine
9. Engage in some deep breathing exercises
10. Engage in some relaxing deep muscle exercises to calm down.